Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pre-Basic 12: Service - Why I am joining the Army

Today I did service at one of our temples. I add this post to my Army blog because I feel that service is the main part of my Army experience.

Truth: When I serve others, I am serving God.

While I was going for a walk today I saw a super nice truck pulling a sweet boat behind it. I imagined it going to their real nice house, with a barbque set up in the back yard and a nice pool. That person probably has a nice cabin they go to in the summer and winter time. (These are all things that I would love to have.) Then the thought came to me. These are all nice things to have and bring a lot of joy, but none of them compare to the joy I get when I am serving others. It is a feeling that is hard to describe. When others express their gratitude for my service to them I can feel God expressing it as well through them.

I feel that my service to my country as a soldier is going to bring me so much joy. So, when people ask me why I am joining the Army. This is truly the reason why. Service makes me happy. God is going to bless me and my family in so many ways. Just as I do service in His house. I have posted some short clips of why we build temples and the blessings of the temple. I hope that you can then begin to understand why I am serving in the US Army.




0 comments: