Monday, July 13, 2009

Basic 1


From David's father, Bill Sparks: David has asked me to enter his posts while he is in basic training since he will not be near a computer for blogging purposes for the duration of his training. It is going to be quite an experience for him and I will try to keep you up to date on his adventures as he is able to pass them along to me. Today I received a preprinted card from David that was mailed Friday, July 10th. The address, salutation, and his signature were hand written.

"Dear Dad

I have arrived safely at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. I am undergoing my initial processing at 43d AG Bn (RCPT) prior to being assigned to a unit for training. I will only be here 4 or 5 days, and then I will ship to a training company. Do not write to me at the address on this card or to the 43d... I will send you my mailing address within the next week when I am assigned to a training company. Also, I will inform you as to the date that I am graduating. For more information on my stay at Fort Leonard Wood, go to www.wood.army.mil/grad.

If I should be needed at home because of serious illness or death of a member of our immediate family, contact the Red Cross Chapter nearest home, explain the emergency and give them my name, rank, social security number, and military address. They will contact the Red Cross Field Director here and the Director will inform my Commanding Officer and me. This is the only way I can get an emergency leave.

David Sparks"

God Speed and Best Wishes David, we love you


0 comments: