Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Pre Basic 3: MEPS OCS Board

Back at MEPS in Phoenix. When you go to MEPS just expect long days of doing nothing. I wish I brought a book. I did pretty good at making conversation with others around me. Today was my board interview for OCS. We all needed to dress in a suit and tie, which was not difficult for me, because I wear one everyday. I waited about 6 hours to have a 10 minute interview. It was just a formality. I was not able to take oath today, because I needed to wait for my age waiver to be accepted. The lady that usually does that was busy due to a General change of command. So I will have to come back on Friday.

There were about 25 people going through the board today. There was a wide variety of ages, race, background. But, we all got along very well, because we all had the Army in common. It got me really excited about the people I will come in contact with while in the Army.

The actual interview was kind of cool. It was fun coming in front of the board very respectfully standing at attention and reporting to the officer of the board. There was nothing difficult about it. They just asked me questions about my background and why I wanted to be an officer.

Well, it looks like I will be back at MEPS on Friday. YEAH!!

0 comments: