Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pre-Basic 8: Unemployed and getting buff

It was my last day of work today. I will have a little over a month to be unemployed. I am looking forward to this time. I don't want to rush it into the military. I want to enjoy everyday with my family.

I have loved my job teaching, and even though I am sad that I won't be coming back next year to teach I actually feel confident that my choice to join the Army is what God wants me to do right now in my life.

This is also a great time for me to get into shape physically. Today I really pushed myself with my running exercise. I ran 400m at a 6:00 pace 8x's with a minute and a half walk between each run. I have been doing well at pushing myself with the run, but this past week I have been slacking on working out other parts of my body. Exercising is such a mental test. I have been pleased with the results so far.

0 comments: