Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pre-Basic 17: Date Night and Sleep Overs

Last night Mandy and I dropped the kids off at Robert and Holly's house so we could have some time to ourselves before we are separated for 5 months. Gabby was so excited to see Faith and Solomon. I guess she had been checking to see if they were coming the whole day every half hour.

After dropping off the kids Mandy and I went out to eat at Chili's We ordered Wings, Ribs, and a Bacon Burger. With two lemonades. It was nice. We don't usually go out to eat, so anything was special. Even "In and Out Burgers" would have been special.

We went to Wal-Mart together after eating. (This seems to be where every married couple's date ends up at some point.) We bought some khaki shorts for our family picture.

Then we went to Tempe Town Lake and walked around. I was looking for a Dairy Queen, but could not find it. Instead we found a Frozen Yogurt place called Mojo Yogurt. We went in and I had no idea how things worked. We saw some people getting free samples using a 1 oz. cup. After about four cups each, I realized I did not want to buy any. Not because it wasn't good, but because it was $0.39 per oz. and I did not want to spend that much money. So we left. We both felt a little guilty after we left, but ended laughing about the whole situation.

After that we went to the drive-in movies, because Mandy had never been to one before. We went to the 10:30pm show. Mandy picked the movie. We watched Angels and Demons. I liked it. Mandy slept through most of it. We should have watched X-men or Star Trek like I wanted.



We picked up the kids this morning and chatted with Robert and Holly for a while. The cousins all had fun playing with each other. They all stayed up until 11pm and woke up at 6am. They did not want to stop playing. Being a kid is so much fun.





I love Mandy and will miss her. I cherish the times that we have together, just the two of us. She is my best friend and we can talk about anything together and we totally understand each other's thoughts and feelings.

END

0 comments: