Monday, June 15, 2009

Pre-Basic 15: Sit Ups and Carpet don't mix

I did well today exercising. For my run I did 2 miles, but tried to run as much as I could at a 6:30 pace. Sadly I was only able to do that for a half mile. The other mile and a half I did at an 8:30 pace. This gave me my best time yet at a 16 minute 2 mile run. A mile at pace time is where I would have liked to have been. Next week I need to hold my pace time for over a mile. 1.25 would be great.

Throughout the day I did sets of 25 push ups. I did 8 in total, making my total for the day at 200 push ups.

After my run I walked to Wal-Mart to buy my watch again. On my walk I packed a 20 lb weight in my back pack. Now my sholders are really sore, but I have my watch again.

I did okay with my sit ups routine. I have not done them for about a week and a half. I am trying to work on speed as well. The first set of sit ups took 41 sec. to do 24 sit ups. I need to be at 19 per 30 sec. or 25-26 per 40 sec., or 38 per min. (As a side note, don't do sit ups on the carpet, they will leave you with a burn on your bum. I probably won't be do sit ups tomorrow.)

0 comments: