Monday, June 29, 2009

Pre-Basic 25: Miscalculated Mile

I ran my two miles today along the canal by my apartment. I had measured it out a while ago and guessed what would be two miles. I got a time of 15:48. I was pretty happy with it. I went home and looked at google maps again and realized I had calculated wrong. I actually ran 200m more. If that is actually true then my time would actually be closer to 15:00, maybe even faster.

This is pretty good because it has been about two weeks since I have really ran. I sure hope I can handle the consistency of basic training. I know that I will definitely be grateful for it. I think I can get close to the max run time of 13:18 by the time OCS (Officer School) starts.

Here is a link to the physical training standards by age group and sex.

END

0 comments: