Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pre-Basic 26: Moving Day

Today was our last day at our apartment. We have liked living here, and we are grateful for the facilities that we have had while living in an apartment. The computer center was very helpful when we needed to copy something or send a fax. The gym was great when I decided to train for a triathlon and then later when I started to train for the Army. The lobby area was nice when I wanted some air conditioning and could spend a moment with the kids watching the Disney channel. The pool was great. Surprisingly it was the best in the winter time. I loved my winter swims. The pool was heated, so swimming was great, but it was cold enough outside that no one wanted to go swimming. So, I had the pool to myself everyday as I got better at swimming. I used to hate swimming, but now I love it. Then, the BBQ was a nice addition. There were many days we would grill some hamburger, steak, or pork. So nice.



The move went fairly well. Mandy was great at getting a lot of the stuff ready to be moved. Robert, Kevin, Kendall, and Richard helped me move. We gave away some stuff, so we were able to pack everything into a 5x5 storage unit. We were all surprised how much stuff we could fit into such a small space. I am starting to lose track of how many time we have moved since getting married. I think this is move number 10 in five years of marriage. Mandy would love it if we could settle down in one spot. Being in the Army won't let that happen for a while. Luckily our life is very simple. We got rid of a lot of stuff when we moved from Taiwan back to America. This is not the life most people would dream of, but I would not trade it for anything in the world.

0 comments: